Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Thankful Heart

The tears fall.  And I let them.  As they streak down my face, they are a sort of testimony to how these people have gotten inside me.  Deep inside.  So the tears kept coming as I said my goodbyes yesterday and today.  As I hugged Natilia, maybe for the last time until heaven.  As I hugged the 3 guys who were God's greatest gifts to me during this 6 months.  As Yvrose, who so graciously took me into her orphanage, drove away from the airport this morning.  As I sat on the plane to Port-Au-Prince picturing the sweet little faces of the children I have completely fallen in love with.  Even right now as I'm writing this, they're falling again.  Not necessarily from sadness, since I know I'm coming back in September.  But more out of thankfulness to the Giver of every good and perfect gift for such a glorious season, for so much love, for so much grace.       

My heart is overflowing.  I look back over the past 6 months and I thank Him...

I learned Creole.

I fell in love.


God gave me dear friends.



I watched God heal hearts.
I got immersed in a culture.


God made His love tangible and real.


We sang His praises.


He sent a team.

God ministered to my heart in such precious ways.


I could go on and on.  His goodness rocks me to my innermost being.  I thank Him.  Over and over, I thank Him.

Now it's four months at home to plan and prepare and pray and return in September with the team God is calling to Jeremie.  This six months was just a foundation, just the beginning.  Thank you for your prayers, your love, your encouragement and support.  I felt so covered and blessed.  I can't wait to see what God has in store.


Psalm 96:4a
For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment