Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Little Things

It's taken me some time.  To process.  To readjust- (I went through a solid month of pretty hard culture shock).  To even know where to begin writing again because my heart has just felt so full.

I still don't know where to start, how to sum up that most glorious 6 months.  So instead of trying, I will just share some moments.  The little ones, that might not have made it onto my blog as a big story, yet were a big part of my experience.  Because life is often more about the small things anyways.  The big things are more few and far between.  It's the day to day little things that make up our lives.

~Marco always smiling.
~Hand holding on the street.
~Dancing on the beach.  Dancing in my bedroom.  Dancing in the hallway.
~Rough around the edges street boys letting me kiss and nuzzle them.
~Goat heads in the freezer.  Cockroaches in the bedroom.
~Reading missionary books.  A great cloud of witnesses.
~The Spirit touching my spirit deep.
~Dust on my feet.
~Watching kids literally be transformed by love.
~Guitar in the hallways.
~My heart singing.
~Candlelight evenings in the bedroom when the electricity was out.
~Stargazing praying on the roof.
~Rocking chair nights.
~Children's Bible stories, crowded in close.
~Conversations on the streets.
~Coke in a bottle.
~Chairs pulled out for house visits.
~Intimacy with God like never before.

I remember these things with a smile that reaches deep down inside of me.  My life is changed. And although it has been a sweet time to be home for the summer, my heart longs to return to Jeremie.  7 more weeks...  :)



Psalm 66:16
Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. 

1 comment: