Thursday, May 10, 2012

Always in My Heart

I'm home in San Diego.  My season in Haiti has come to an end.  At the beginning I thought it might be forever.  But God has a way of changing things.  It turns out my calling to Haiti was for a season.  And a glorious year it was.  I praise the Lord for it.  By His grace, He allowed me to be a part of laying the foundation for a long term work in Jeremie with Impact 195 in my initial 6 months here, and in the past 6 months here with the team.  He has done so much.

A new well was completed, giving clean drinking water to hundreds of families and providing an opportunity to share about Jesus, the Living Water.


The well became our 5th children's ministry site.


God blessed and grew the children's ministry at the other 4 weekly sites and raised up an amazing group of Haitians who run the whole thing.


He used the English classes as an opportunity for evangelism and to move people into Bible studies and ministry.



He equipped many through the Word in several weekly Bible studies.



Two 1 John Adventure trips were taken.



He fed and loved on the sick in the daily hospital ministry.



We praised the Lord together on Friday nights at Simply Worship.



A ministry was started for the handicapped.


Friends became like family.



He created community where there was none.


And on and on.  He has blown us away.  Disciples are being made and the groundwork continues.  Five of our team came back and six stayed in Jeremie.  The next team is beginning to assemble to join them in September.  It seems that God's plan for Jeremie is big.  He has led us to a large property and negotiations are underway to obtain it and begin a discipleship school and church planting movement. 

I'm moving into a beautiful new season of life getting married in July, and am back serving at Impact 195, equipping world changers to go out into all the nations.   

Thank you for being a part of this glorious season with me.  I have finished my race in Haiti with joy.  And will continue to pray and praise God for all He has in store for Haiti.  Always in my heart...

Psalm 126:2-3 
"Then our mouth was filled with laughter and our tongue with singing.  Then they said among the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them.'  The Lord has done great things for us, and we are glad."

No comments:

Post a Comment